Wednesday 22 October 2014

90 Days to go...

From today, my departure date is now exactly 3 months away , which is strange considering today is the 22nd and not the 20th  but, I guess it's because the month of September and November both have 30 days and not 31 so, there's two days counted in the following months.
It feels like only yesterday that everyone was saying Christmas was only 90 days away. Now look how close it is! If you're at all curious it's just 63 days away! How mental is that! Last  week, I had to say goodbye to another good friend of mine! Mark Brennan, a very funny, honest and hard working person who has also made the decision to emigrate to Canada. He's someone I have become close with over the past year and it makes me happy and sad all at the same time to have to say goodbye to him. He left last Wednesday so, he is living there one week now. Somehow, at the moment I would imagine it feels like he's on holidays rather than actually living there. (Hi Mark if you're reading this!) I wish him all the very best of luck on his new adventure. I'm hoping that Canada will provide you with every bit of happiness you deserve. I'll be sure to meet you in Toronto when I eventually get there myself.

Myself and Mark. Dec '13


I also got some good news this week! A nice surprise! My best friend Rachael returned home unexpectedly his week. She's been living in London for over a year and it was so great to see her again! I didn't realise how much I had missed her until she announced she was at home! Sometimes there can be a number of days or even weeks can pass by before we get the chance to speak to one another. I work, she works, our work hours can clash. We're both kept so busy all the time! Even when we're not busy, we're still busy! I only got to see her for a short amount of time but, it felt as if she had never left and we had only seen each other the other day?! The next time I see her should be at Christmas and then of course, because I leave in January, this Christmas could potentially be the last time we see each other for several months?!

Rachael and Me. August '13


My parents also returned from their trip to Canada/America and have been exhausted ever since! Jet lag is an awful thing! Could take a full week to get over in some cases! From the few photos I have seen Calgary looks like a small city (in comparison to say, Toronto) but, I'm so excited to go there! I'm hoping to see more photos of their trip soon!

That's all for now,
Thanks for reading!

Ciara.

No comments:

Post a Comment