Thursday 7 August 2014

College. The Final Hurdle.

If you read my last post on this blog then you’ll be more than familiar with the decision making process I went through to take myself to Canada. You’ll also know that there are a few small bumps in the road before I can actually get there. The most significant one being the fact that I have one exam to repeat in order to finish college, get my degree and hopefully, never ever set foot on any sort of an educational premises again! I was done with college, I had spent almost all of my life in full time education, 18 or 19 years altogether, I think?! That’s a long time and to be quite honest, I am sick of it. Having the opportunity to be able to attend college or university is not something I should take lightly but, I was pretty sick and tired of attending classes, most of which I didn’t like, having to do exams and assignments, having to be told what to do, where to go and having to pay for it!

One of the main reasons me and boyfriend have not booked out flights yet is because, I want to make sure I have passed this exam before leaving the country. Hypothetically speaking, should I fail this exam again, the next set of repeat exams take place early January 2015. We are currently planning to leave in January so, should I fail, we’ll more than likely leave in February or as soon as possible following the exam.

I really hate exams and having to study for them. It bores me to death and I procrastinate like theirs no tomorrow! Exams are not my strong point, I never really do well in them and it sucks because it drags down my G.P.A! I would have loved to have gotten a 2.1, honours degree, that’s where your grade point average is 60-70% overall. There were some subjects I had in college this year that I loved, and got high percentages in but, it’s my stupid exams that bring me down. I could easily get a 2.1 if I didn’t have to do any exams! Studying at the moment is slow to start and as per usual, I feel like I’m taking nothing in from any of it?! I still can’t manage to bring myself to really throw myself into study even though I really can’t afford to fail this exam, again! My mum and boyfriend keep saying things like, “don’t fall at the last hurdle”, “you just have to get through this week, keep studying and then it’s over!”. It’s easy for them to say when they don’t have to sit the exam. It’s a subject that I hate to, Economics. I hate it with a livid passion! I find it very hard, confusing and I don’t understand it half the time.  I had to sit an exam in this subject in May as well as I only just passed it! I have a super busy in work next week to, making my studying time very limited!
I’ll be sure to keep you updated on how my studying is going, how the exam goes and if I pass it or not whenever I get the result.

Thanks for reading,
Ciara.



No comments:

Post a Comment